Opportunity to become a Board Member at Just Psychology CIC
We are seeking to strengthen our Board of Directors by appointing board members with the skills and experience necessary to take the organisation through to the next stage in its exciting development.
Just Psychology is supported by a Board of Directors and an Advisory Group with diverse skills and experiences including research, therapy, evaluation, finance, business development, commissioning, and group work. We are seeking new board members, particularly those who possess skills and experience in the areas of IT infrastructure including cybersecurity and have experience of Board membership.
We particularly welcome applications from people from Black and minority ethnic communities and from women.
Knowledge and commitment to the principles of social justice, the values and ethos of Just Psychology and a willingness to support the social objects of the organisation are essential.
The roles are voluntary, the Board meets bimonthly, and terms of reference are available on request. Board meetings are currently held online or in Greater Manchester. In addition, Board members are involved in the life of the organisation between meetings.
About Just Psychology
Just Psychology is a social enterprise founded in 2011 and based in the North West of England. We provide services which address the psychological and mental health needs of children, adults and families, with particular emphasis on cultural diversity, cultural competence and social justice.
Just Psychology focuses primarily on Black and minority ethnic children, young people and families living in the North West of England. Some services such as training and consultation are provided at a national level.
Just Psychology delivers:
Direct therapeutic interventions with children, families and parents;
Capacity building within statutory and third sector agencies, through training, supervision, consultation, and joint working;
Prevention and early intervention at a community level; and
Legal work with children and parents.
To discuss this opportunity further please contact Carolyn Kagan (Non-Executive Director) by email to arrange a time for a telephone conversation [email protected]
Expert Witness recruitment
We are increasing our pool of expert witnesses and professionals who provide psychological assessments in family court proceedings. We are particularly interested in working with people who have a keen understanding of cultural diversity in relation to parenting, adult mental health and child development.
You will be a self-employed associate who is able to undertake independent expert witness assessments and manage your workload effectively.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3 years’ post-qualification experience as a Chartered Psychologist
- Registration with the HCPC and/or chartered membership of the BPS
- Full professional indemnity insurance
- Enhanced DBS criminal record check
- Registration with the ICO
- Do administration on your behalf, including making appointments;
- Screen referrals to target your skills and experience;
- Support and help with general enquiries throughout the process;
- Provide Clinical Psychologists to proofread reports, including content, spelling and grammar checks. We will also peer review your report and provide you with feedback;
- Provide additional support if you are new to the expert witness role;
- Negotiate instructions on your behalf;
- Facilitate DBS checks.