Project Lead – Family Reunion & Parenting Project
Are you committed to principles of equality and social justice? Are you passionate about the rights of children and families from Black and minority ethnic communities to be treated with respect? Do you want to contribute to community cohesion and reduce isolation?
Just Psychology is a not-for-profit social enterprise in Greater Manchester that provides services to address the psychological and mental health needs of children, adults and families with a particular emphasis on cultural diversity and cultural competence.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified practitioner Psychologist/Psychotherapist/Mental Health Practitioner to lead on the development and delivery of an innovative project aimed at preventing family breakdown following serial migration and reunion. You will focus on re-building relationships, addressing expectations and helping children and parents talk to each other. You will also provide parenting groups which will improve understanding of expectations of parenting in the UK and child protection laws. You will work in partnership with Rainbow Haven (a charity that offers drop-in support, advice and wellbeing activities for refugees and vulnerable migrants) as well as other local VCSE organisations.
You will receive regular supervision from a Practitioner Psychologist, and work alongside a team with decades of experience providing psychologically informed services within the NHS and the not-for-profit/VCSE sector.
Essential requirements include:
- Experience of working with children and families with mental health needs
- Experience of facilitating groups
- Experience of working with cultural diversity and promoting the participation of children and families in service development.
- Experience of project management
You must be familiar with, and adhere to, the ethos and values of Just Psychology CIC, the Health and Care Professions Council, the British Psychological Society and/or your own professional body. You must also be able to provide valid enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certification
We offer our employees:
- Flexible work-life balance
- A supportive, passionate, and diverse team
- Continuous professional development
If you are interested please contact [email protected] for an application pack and an informal discussion.
Closing date: 31st July 2020
Expert Witness recruitment
We are increasing our pool of expert witnesses and professionals who provide psychological assessments in family court proceedings. We are particularly interested in working with people who have a keen understanding of cultural diversity in relation to parenting, adult mental health and child development.
You will be a self-employed associate who is able to undertake independent expert witness assessments and manage your workload effectively.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3 years’ post-qualification experience as a Chartered Psychologist
- Registration with the HCPC and/or chartered membership of the BPS
- Full professional indemnity insurance
- Enhanced DBS criminal record check
- Registration with the ICO
- Do administration on your behalf, including making appointments;
- Screen referrals to target your skills and experience;
- Support and help with general enquiries throughout the process;
- Provide Clinical Psychologists to proofread reports, including content, spelling and grammar checks. We will also peer review your report and provide you with feedback;
- Provide additional support if you are new to the expert witness role;
- Negotiate instructions on your behalf;
- Facilitate DBS checks.